Bushmere Estate Cellar Door - Wine Tastings
• October to April – Wednesdays to Sundays, 11am - 3pm
• September to May – By appointment call 8689317 or Shona on 021 946 301
• Longer hours over busy summer months
• We are closed on the following days - Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Anzac Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
The Vines Restaurant at Bushmere
• Open all year round – Wednesdays to Sundays from 11am
For all enquiries please call 06 868 9317
Taste and Buy award-winning Gisborne Wines
Unmatched location and hospitality
Dine in the Vines
David and Shona Egan welcome you to the BUSHMERE Estate. Bushmere Estate is 100% family owned by our family. We have been growing grapes for over 40 years. During this time there have been huge changes in the industry, from the growing of bulk grapes to the quality world class wines that are now attributed to the Gisborne area.
The vineyard is 17 hectares in the Central Valley Region of Gisborne District, growing mainly Chardonnay grapes, along with smaller plantings of Gewurztraminer, Viognier , Pinot Gris, Montepulciano and Sangrovese.
The name Bushmere Estate was chosen as the area was referred to as ‘Bushmere’ on old maps of the district. The Bushmere logo represents the three elements vital to the growing of grapes – earth, water and sun.